Thursday, November 24, 2011

Lesson From Dirt

 The day was dull and dry day for me, uninspired to do anything. I tried to think of something to be thankful for. Nothing came-up. I went out for a walk just to stimulate creative juices to flow or just to escape nothingness. Still nothing. Until I looked down on the ground and saw this...

A big sigh puffed out of my chest in envy. Oh Great! Even the dirt was screaming with thanksgiving! 


There are many things be resentful for as much as to be thankful about.
Maybe the reason why giving thanks is hard is because I think too much!

Oh Wait! That's it!

Thinking!
Interestingly thinking is associated with thanksgiving. The root-word that "think" and "thank" came from the same Anglo-Saxon root word.


The fact that I have the ability to think and reason, is a major reason to be thankful. God's word kept me sane and by His laws protected me from making any bad decisions that I would regret or making poor choices that could ruin my life.

Giving thanks is an expression of humbling the heart in recognizing things worked out as we presently hoped for, in such times like showed on a simple sigh of relief saying "thank goodness". It becomes more meaningful when 'thanksgiving' is intertwined with faith, for faith could help see the future reasons why we give thanks to the Lord.


Have A Bountiful and Blessed Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

  1. This was the best post I've seen on Thanksgiving! Thank YOU so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    COMPARTIENDO ILUSION
    MYRIC

    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...




    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE HÁLITO DESAYUNO CON DIAMANTES TIFÓN PULP FICTION, ESTALLIDO MAMMA MIA, TOQUE DE CANELA ,STAR WARS,

    José
    Ramón...

    ReplyDelete